Are you hearing about the Crohn’s disease for the first time? If yes, then you would be confused and would be itching to know more about this disease. This disease has become the part of the life of many of us these days. Often, people experience some certain problems and think that they are suffering from Crohn’s disease. This disease has many symptoms attached to it. Crohn’s symptoms are very much similar to some of the other diseases of modern days. Through this article, we will show you all about Chron’s disease. This article will give you a clear picture of this disease and its symptoms.
What happens in a Crohn’s Disease
It is quite interesting to know that you will find the same symptoms occurring during this disease as in some other diseases. This disease can also be called as the immune disorder. The immune system of a human body is the protector of the body against many common diseases. If your immune system is strong, you will easily survive the attack from several diseases like flu, diarrhea, and others. If not, you are in big trouble. This disease makes your immune system weak and causes it to attack the body instead of defending it. Some of the Chron’s symptoms include the occurrence of lupus, ulcerative colitis, and rheumatoid arthritis. During this disease, the immune system attacks the active cells that are present in our GI tract. This causes the inflammation in the bowel.
Who is prone to this disease
This disease is not the one which will occur in a particular person. This disease doesn’t have any special patient selection. Anyone and of any age group can be the victim of this disease. It is most common during the teenage as the lifestyle during these days are quite unique to attract this disease. It is common in a teenager, it doesn’t indicate from any point that it can’t appear in adults. On the other hand, a child is most likely to be not affected by this disease.
What are the problems you might face during this disease
Crohn’s disease is related to the inner part of a human body. Any internal damage can cause a huge problem for a person. The damage happening on the outer part of the body is bearable but any internal pain is unbearable. During this disease, the patient suffers from inflammation in the bowel which itself is a feeling of discomfort. This inflammation can give rise to an unbearable pain. As per Chron’s symptoms, you have to face a tough situation like diarrhea, high fever and many other problems. This is not the end; this disease has the potential to pose a threat to your life. So, be wary of this disease.
Symptoms of Chron’s disease
Every disease before attacking shows some sign of arrival. This disease is also similar to others. There are a number of Chron’s symptoms that marks the arrival of this disease in a human body. The number of the symptoms occurring during disease is many but some symptoms are visible earlier. Here are the earlier ones:
- Weight loss: The patient starts losing the body weight.
- Loss of appetite: Often, the patient will lose his appetite indicating the starting of this disease.
- Cramping in the abdominal region: It is one of the important symptoms that marks the arrival of the disease. The patient starts feeling a stretch in the abdominal region.
- Nausea: Suffering from cold becomes regular and you always feel like vomiting.
- Persistent Diarrhea: The patient suffers continuously from Diarrhea.
- Sensation of incomplete evacuation: Even after the evacuation from the stomach, the patient will feel that something is still in there.
- Constipation: The patient is bound to suffer from constipation during this disease.
These symptoms are not regular. One morning some of the symptoms might be present while the other morning some other will be present.
There are some other symptoms which one can experience during this disease. These Chron’s symptoms are although not that common. Here are they:
- Appearing of rashes on the skin.
- Blood comes out in the stool.
- The patient suffers from high fever.
- Pain in the joints of the body.
- Appearing of ulcers in the mouth.
- The patient starts sweating during the sleep.
- In the case of a woman, loss of menstrual cycle is also a symptom.
What are the causes of this disease
Research is still going on regarding this disease. It is still being tried to find out the exact reason behind this disease. The information available till date only suggests that there are a number of factors that leads to the occurrence of this disease. Some of the reasons that can contribute to the occurrence of Chron’s disease are as follows:
- Genetics: It is believed that some genetic factor may be responsible for this disease.
- Environmental factors: Scientists also have believed that environmental conditions can be the cause of this disease. As this disease is related to some kind of malfunctioning, some factors like dirty and polluted environment can cause this problem.
- Immune system issues: The improper functioning of the immune system can be the greatest factor to contribute to the occurrence of this disease.
Is there any treatment available for this disease?
We are sorry to inform that at present an exact treatment for this disease is missing. But, you don’t need to worry as there are other options which are quite capable of getting rid of this problem. You can choose the treatment option you want to follow.
The best option to treat Chron’s disease is to make an adjustment to your diet. Your diet is the main reason behind any problem occurring in the bowel. So, take a balanced and proper diet in order to stay away from this disease. This disease doesn’t have a proper treatment yet, but it can be controlled by following certain methods.